YOU CAN HAVE REAL LIFE – JOY & PEACE . . . FOREVER
The key question is: “. . . what must I do to be saved?” (to be right with God, to have real life)
The answer is – trust Jesus: “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved . . .”
Acts 16:30-31 (NIV)
God loves us and wants the best for us – an intimate relationship with Himself. “. . . God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
John 3:16 (NIV
God wants you to have a full and meaningful life in relationship with Himself.
PROBLEM: We sinned by neglecting Him and doing our own thing. “…all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”
Romans 3:23 (NIV)
RESULT: We earned separation from God and torment forever. “…the wages of sin is death…”
Romans 6:23A (NIV)
PROBLEM & SOLUTION: We cannot be good enough to earn God’s forgiveness, but God has made it available as a gift. “…it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast.”
Ephesians 2:8-9 (NIV)
Jesus died in our place. “…God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Romans 5:8 (NIV)
“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father but through Me’”.
John 14:6 (NIV)
You need to know that Jesus is the only way to peace with God, the only way to a joyful life. If there is any other way, “…Christ died for nothing!”
Galatians 2:21 (NIV)
To have that joy and peace you seek, you must receive Jesus Christ as your Lord (meaning you surrender yourself to Him) and your Savior. “As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God…”
John 1:12 (NIV)
- Agreeing with God that you are a sinner and telling Him you are willing to turn from your sin;
- Choosing to believe that Jesus did indeed die on the cross for your sins and rose from the grave; and
- Choosing to surrender the control of your life to Him.
- Forgive your sin (past, present and future) forever;
- Grant you life with Him forever – full of joy and peace; and
- Come to live in you (in the person of His Holy Spirit) to enable you to live as He desires and to give you understanding of His Word.
We call this experience salvation, trusting Christ or being born again.
The following prayer can be used to tell God you want to put your trust in Jesus. It’s not magic. You must mean it.
“Father, I know that I am a sinner and that nothing I can do will excuse that sin. I believe that Jesus died on the cross in my place, paying the debt for my sin. I believe that He rose from the grave to give me victory over sin and death. I now receive this free gift and surrender myself to Jesus’ rule. Lord, please come into me and make me the person you want me to be. Thank you, Lord, for saving me.”
If you did this and meant it, God heard you and has given you eternal life with your sins forgiven. Now, He wants you to:
- Read and think about His Word, the Bible, everyday;
- Talk with Him everyday, seeking wisdom and direction;
- Participate in a Bible-believing church where you and others can worship Him together and support one another; and
- Tell others what He has done and is doing for you.
We’d love to help you. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org